Kellyanne Conway has thrown cold water on the rumors that there is a feud brewing between her and Donald Trump — tweeting out a picture of them both “working hard” on Monday night in the president-elect’s office.
The campaign manager-turned-transition aide took to Twitter to clear the air at around 7:35 p.m., just hours after a report surfaced on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” saying the billionaire was furious at her for going “rogue” and attacking Mitt Romney over the weekend.
“@realDonaldTrump & I working hard tonight. Thank you for the privilege of a lifetime, #PEOTUS,” Conway tweeted, along with a picture that showed her peeking over Trump’s shoulder as he typed away on a laptop.
A not-so-subtle attempt to showcase some new Trump swag can be easily spotted in the photo — in the form of a few perfectly placed “USA” hats, which The Donald debuted on Sunday afternoon.
Earlier that day, Conway went on several morning talk shows and claimed that the president-elect’s supporters were livid about his decision to consider Romney for secretary of state — saying the former Massachusetts governor was “nothing but awful” and questioning whether he even voted for Trump.
A pair of high-ranking Trump transition aides told MSNBC that Trump was fuming over the appearances, and the timing of her comments.
“Kellyanne went rogue at Donald Trump’s expense at the worst possible time,” explained “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski, who was quoting one of the two sources.
“Instead of driving Donald Trump’s message, she’s pushing her own agenda.”
But according to spokeswoman Hope Hicks, the president-elect gave Conway full permission to go public with her criticism of Romney.
“Kellyanne came to me and asked whether or not she could go public with her thoughts on the matter. I encouraged her to do so,” Trump said in a statement to the New York Times. “Most importantly she fully acknowledged there is only one person that makes the decision. She has always been a tremendous asset and that will continue.”